By becoming a Fair Data company you agree to adhere to ten core principles. The principles support and complement other standards such as ISOs, and the requirements of Data Protection legislation.
- We will ensure that all personal data is collected with customers' consent.
- We will not use personal data for any purpose other than that for which consent was given, respecting customers' wishes about the use of their data.
- We will make sure that customers have access to their personal data that we hold, and that we tell them how we use it.
- We will protect personal data and keep it secure and confidential.
- We will ensure staff understand that personal data is just that – personal – and ensure that it is treated with respect.
- We will ensure that the vulnerable and under-age are properly protected by the processes we use for data collection.
- We will manage our data supply chain to the same ethical standards we expect from other suppliers.
- We will ensure that ethical best practice in personal data is integral to our procurement process.
- We will ensure that all staff who have access to personal data are properly trained in its use.
- We will not use personal data if there is uncertainty as to whether the Fair Data Principles have been applied.
Members and Company Partners are regulated under the MRS Code of Conduct. This Code covers the collection and use of personal data and emphasises the need to protect all respondents from harm - particularly the young and vulnerable. The ten core principles of Fair Data work in tandem with the MRS Code of Conduct.